[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - World of Warcraft

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:16 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

I wonder how many of you play WoW currently. I switched for it from RO a half year ago. Currently I'm playing on Horde side on Outland server. You can find there Korm, Velius and some other eXiles. Although they are not as active as before.

That's me:

Anyone around there?

Post subject: Re: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:04 pm 

I have been meaning to ask what server you all were on, incase I could do a char transfer, thanks (tried to look for it on polish forums, but couldn't find anything :P).

I used to play it all the time, I think I still have some time left on my subscription, but I haven't played it a month or two... tried to remake my char on another server and got too bored with it.

I have a 65 human mage on Shandris (wanted horde, but the person I was playing with wanted alliance). And a 12 undead mage on Dark Iron.

Also, Outland server? I can't find that anywhere...

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:57 pm 

Was playing WoW, I quit however, since it sucks up way too much time, the latest patch screwed up a lot of things and I couldn't get any better gear for weeks either. Level 70 Warlock on Darkspear EU with Herbalism/Alchemy, the best choice from the start imho :)
Below two screenies of me showing off my 'pet' and my last inventory.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:13 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:52 am 

Euryale, lvl 50 Draenei Shaman (enhancement spec, I'll respec to elemental once I get to Outlands X_X) on EU Aszune server - and I'm not moving, I have a wonderful guild here. :P I'm too lazy to make a screen, so here's my pic of the chara:

Gear obviously of my design, I didn't want to depict her in her current armor, as it'll change anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:01 am 

NIce pic. :)

About the EU/US servers that's what I figured, I just couldn't find anything on EU servers at the time (well, I was tired, so didn't try THAT hard..) that sucks though.. no playing together FTL. :(

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:17 pm 

Well, I'm playing on Aszune-EU. I have lvl 70 Night Elf Warrior, lvl 49 Night Elf Druid, lvl 40 Draenei Shaman, and lvl 24 Blood Elf Warlock that i intend to get to 70 right after the Druid.

Too bad we didn't started on the same server. I'm currently not considering moving from Aszune to any other server. My guild is great and most of my friends play there.

For anyone that want to join Aszune-EU, i would gladly be of any help, be it small sum of gold or an answer to any question concerning the game.

It would be cool to get a new foothold for our Multiworld initiative, but i think that there is not enough willpower in wow players originated from MW to make it happen. And subscription of 19 Euro a month is not a small amount of money. On the other hand, it keeps most emo-kids away from WoW. Less emo-dramas than in RO, that is for sure.

Anyway, if anyone of you is interested in forming an MW guild on WoW, i would gladly discuss the idea. There are many questions about how you see the guild role in Warcraft World, there are problems that would have to be resolved by compromise. What do you think of the idea?

Last edited by Raven on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:03 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Talking about emo-dramas. Game is designed the way it's hard to start a drama (at least in-game).

Multiworld in WoW. Well, I'd be interested in discussing this idea (quite obvious I think). I find Azeroth world fun factor enough convincing to forget some small things from the past and talk about WoW with you. Please visit IRC after 18 or later as I presume you also have work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:08 pm 

I'm assuming that that would be on EU servers? I wouldn't so much mind playing on one (what language is generally used though?) but.. I don't have access to them, wonder if it's possible for me to d/l a patch or something to let me connect to one, of if I'm just screwed.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Ofcorse there is a way. I presume you would only need to edit few files and buy EU account to play with your US client.

As there is written: "I haven't found anything againist Licence Agreement to do that"

Anyway if the version changes it'd will gonna blow. Better for you would be to buy EU version of WoW.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:46 pm 

Why don't they just combine them? They would still all be on individual servers, so I can't see "too many people" being an issue... They allow US access to US and Oceanic servers with no issue..

*sigh* I love my character, but remaking him again bores the crap outta me. But if people started a new guild and did parties alot it would be much better...

I dunno, I guess I'll go back to waiting for Warhammer Online to come out.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:02 pm 

OWA, there is a way: Paid character transfer. If your character is a two-month worth of playing, or you just happen to have some extra cash, you can easily transfer your character between different realms or, if both copies of WoW are yours, between different acounts. I dont know if blizzard allows transfer between European and American servers, it's need to be checked.

The problem is a diversity of activities in Wow. And questions arise:
If we ever gonna make a Multiworld guild, how many people from our forum would contribute and join us on Wow?
Would we play on a PvP server or PvE server? RP or not?
Will we start on a server that some of us got high level characters and some gold on them, or we start with a clean account? If we start on the old server, whose server would it be?
Do we choose Horde over Alliance?
Our guild profile should be PvE or PvP? Twink or End-game?
Are we seriously consider Raiding, or we just play for fun?

Wow is no RO with rates 5/5/3. To achieve something you need some playtime and experience. Building a significant raid guild on a fresh server would take a year at least. And a lot of work for those of us who would be unfortunate to become offiicers in the guild.

Those things should be carefully considered before we even start to commit something to the WoW-MW initiative. There is a chance that some issues would be viewed differently by different players. And sometimes consensus would be hard to achieve.

Distant, I'm sorry, but i just dont like IRC. And I think this discussion is too large to do it on IRC in one evening. I would like to consider options and take time to decide what works for me. And i would like to hear from other players what swings their boats.

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:06 pm 

Or Artaud coul dhost a private server for all of us to goof around :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:15 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 pm 

I know about paid char transfers, but I'm an alliance on a non PvP server, and would prefer a horde on a PVP server, you can't cross faction transfer, or move from non PVP to PVP.

And I know about private servers, but they usually only have a handful of people on each one.. and WoW is a game that really needs hundreds on at all times.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk