[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Thinking of going somewhere else

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Thinking of going somewhere else
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:08 am 

Hi everyone!

I've been online for almost all days of week, but I was the only guildmate with 150-200 players. I'm new to the game, I'm full of motivation but the server I'm actually on is not active at all.

So I thought about moving somewhere else, starting at the same point of everyone else. If anyone know a good and new server, an active one, please let me know!

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Thinking of going somewhere else
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 am 

Just hold on a little longer. There's a promising server going to start soon. I think we're going on advise on the question if we're going to play there as soon as our leaders are back from the summit. So for now the best thing to do is to enjoy playing on celestia.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:25 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:40 pm 

It seems to me that most people in gereral are just loosing intrest in RO altogether maybe, veteran players are sick of constantly remaking chars, new people may be looking forward to RO2 or something..

MW keeps getting more and more fractured... it's saddening. :(

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:51 pm 

It is hard to say, but lately I have noticed that the number of players online in Celestia is reducing gradually, wich means that Celestia is fading.

Not only Celestia, but I´m affraid my guild is fading too. In MF usually more than 10 players are online simultaneously everyday around 10 o´clock PM (in Brazil), but nowadays I barely see 2, and one of them usually is AFK in some corner of any city bored with no party. The ones that become Trans 9X/5X, 6X seemed to lose the passion to level up their characters, most of those are playing DoTa in Warcraft III FT waiting some decision of MF leaders or are playing because are bored with the RO work.

I know that MW is a bigger guild than MF, and plays in other servers, other games and the like. I admire that, it is very cool to see a group of friends like you. But I don´t know for how much time people of MF will keep logging there, now that some are looking for another server believing that Celestia will end sooner or later. I talked with some that are searching server, and they told me that they´re looking for an active server, with active GMs, with much more events (not only MVP oriented events and the like), with GMs that punish KSers, botters and the like, and with a interesting WoE.

They recognize that WoEs with MW are special because MW is a honored guild with amazing players, loyal fighters and good friends, also they recognize that both guilds (MF and MW) are doing their best, even with few characters against might alliances, and we are doing great WoEs, but they are tired because our enemies are the same, the main WoE strategy for any guild, even changing cities each month, is becoming the same every weekend, and the main expression that I´m seeing in their faces is: "Boring". I lost permanently a player that doesn´t wanna play RO anymore, and our guild if full-RO oriented, because the girls from MF doesn´t like other games and others too.

I know that all of this can be just a dark phase that Celestia is passing through, but the main reason of MF members´ behaviour is the number of players in Celestia, that loses everyday at least someone and they aren´t observing new celestia players.

I need to say this, we came from Evo-RO, and the same happened there. One guild left, so, some weeks after, another, and after some weeks another 3 guilds, and suddenly an entire alliance moved, and so on until one single alliance rest in the server, until they didn´t fight in WoE because there wasn´t enemy (that´s why some guys that saw the server end told me). Those that are complaining, are using this argument, and I´m not blind and I´m observing people leaving, which makes me sad, we fought so hard to build up an entire alliance, and now, everything is fading so suddenly.

But to be honest, the worst thing of the end of Celestia, is the "end" of our alliance. Since 2005 I´m the GuildMaster of Moriquendi Federation, and since that, they all follow my steps, or we plan the way to walk through. Everyone in MF agree that there isn´t a guild better to ally than Multiworld, and they really care about this. In other servers, we build up our guild, build up our army, strategies and many other things that a guild should do, but actually even with allies, we barely received any help of them, in most of cases MF did some great WoEs fighting alone against alliances of 2,3 and even 4 guilds. But in Celestia, I am sure that our teamwork (MF + MW) made the good results that we got, and you guys can be sure that in any server that we meet, you can count with us.

I´m very thankful about our friendship, and I know it can be a bit early to confirm this about MF, but 2 years is a considerable period of time to know well my guildmates, and I´m sad to say this, but they are leaving.

I wish best luck to all MW members, from Celestia, from Ethereal, from WoW, any game, if you are from MW, you are our friends.

Thanks a lot guys, specially Hildegunst (gvs), Crow and Fooh.
I hope this isn´t a farewell, but something like "C ya sooner, brother".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 pm 

http://www.celestiaro.net/forum/index.p ... topic=9007 :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:39 am 

wow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:42 am 

Well, I suppose that's that for cRO... WOE today we only had 4 people online max anyway...

First off, I'm sorry to see the alliance end, I only played cRO for WOEs, (didn't feel like remaking my char for the 4th time) so never really got to know anyone as well as I'd have liked. But from what I've seen, you guys were awesome.

I hate this.. everytime a server is sying, many MW ppl leave, which sucks, then when the server dies, MW moves and not everyone moves too, again more sucking. Still many people I miss from 2 servers ago. =\

When cRO goes down I'm only playing eRO WOEs until that eventually goes down, then quitting RO altogether. If MW moves to another server, I'll play someone's char for WOE if available, but I'm not making my own, sorry, but I can't stand grinding, plus I'm still quite busy and will be for awhile.

I'll still hang out on forums, IRC and such, but RO was really the thing keeping many of us in the Multiworld orginization, what with the language barriers and all... just seems like that's all going to die as well next.

Also, if MW (or MF, or TSO even) has an active guild on WoW (cause it's the only other game I'd currently play as all other MMORPGs I've played I can't stand (I'm overly picky)) maybe I'll go play that...
Hope they make some good online Wii games soon, maybe I'll play that with people. xP

Also, I'm curious, does anyone know of a good server with good, steady population, and good GMs? I remember a few years ago many low rate servers had high populations, but it seems to me (maybe just cause I only play on cRO/eRO) that RO is just kinda.. dying. =\ Maybe all the fractured parts of MW/MF/TSO can go play on it or something cause we have mini MWs on about 5 different servers atm that are all about to die.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:27 am 

Hmmmmmm i left evoRO when i felt weird about it .... it died
Then i left cRO server again with practically the same feeling, so it dies now?
And i recently ditched derRO wich seems to be going at the same direction.

Well i guess i'm going to keep on WoE-ing in ero and i think many MW people should keep on doing this too (or come back). People should remember we play this for fun and really WoE can be so much fun each WoE on ero.
Obviously there is nothing that i can do to changes your minds cause i'm not even an important person that can make statements. But i hope some people just remember how fun woe's were and then will join Owa, Tighur, Art and me on ero. ^^

(yay for offtopic)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:03 pm 

Usually when I log on cRO I'm the only guild member on and that really brings down my motivation to train and also stay on cRO. cRO is only my 2nd RO server (eRO my first), so I don't know many people on cRO except for fellow guild members and allies so it gets kinda boring if no one is on to talk to or to level alone at anubis xD.

I do agree with Myka though. Lately because of the difficulties of WoE time, I've been WoEing on eRO every week but can never make it to cRO WoE. The WoE time on cRO conflicts a lot for me irl and I can hardly make it most of the time. I have yet to fully participate the 2 hours of cRO WoE...only an hour or less and the rest of the time I'm afk or Michele/Intelligence MCs my priest. WoE on eRO is really fun, as Myka mentioned, and it's not so bad. Lately a lot of people participate/defend castles and it's always fun to WoE and kill other people anyways =P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:36 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:38 pm 

RO private servers really seem to die as fast as they rise these days. It's probably time to change to a new game unless you want to spent hours and hours of grinding on officials...
I'm quite pissed at the Ethereal-RO servers, always go down during the most important times (WoE days).

Regarding WoW private servers, here is a list
Edit: I found 2 more sites

The next big MMORPG which tickled my interest . It was noted on the old MW's forum before and was in Beta testing stage during the time. The game has been released: July 10th, 2007.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:51 pm 

vRO is going to open sooner or later and I will definitely play there because I'm still hungry when it comes to RO. Hopefully lots of people from MW will come along so we can rebuild the guild once more and proof ourselves. I'd like to mention that I consider it naive to hope for a private server that lasts longer than 6 months with a constantly high population. But imo 4 months of fun are still worth it and in vRO's case chances aren't bad that the responsibles will be able to keep the server competetive and interesting for longer than Celestia. Hopefully we will also meet our appreciated allies from MF there. Lastly I think it's save to say that RO is already beyond its peak but the private server scene is still big enough to manage building up an entertaining gaming environment.

vRO's current forum can be found here: http://vro.ipbfree.com/index.php

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:30 am 

quite sure i'll play vRO but not on a competitive level.. probably wont trans, got to some irl problems (school..)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next