[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - 2.3 Patch Update Informaiton

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 2.3 Patch Update Informaiton
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 am 

Hmm.. I couldn't find on the EU WoW site if they posted these.. so here they are from the US one in case anyone missed it and wanted to see it.

Druid: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4805&sid=1

Rogue: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5184&sid=1

Priest: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5106&sid=1

Hunter: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5096&sid=1

Shaman: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9452&sid=1

Warrior: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4806&sid=1

Mage: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5076&sid=1

Paladin: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5132&sid=1

Warlock: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6807&sid=1

There seems to be some pretty substantial changes here... many classes seem to be getting quite buffed while others not so much... Warriors, Mages, and Warlocks seem to be getting kinda shafted there, but I don't know much about most other classes.

I just find it kinda funny that a thread about Detect Magic being overpowered was created by some Warrior, and shortly thereafter they are taking it out...

Yes, I'm going to post about random crap sometimes hoping to get these forums more active.. so get on that. =P

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

Post subject: Re: 2.3 Patch Update Informaiton
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:17 pm 

Oh, thanks for that... Most of shaman changes affect enhancement spec, not really interesting for me, but some...

Great change in the lightning overload. No threat from it - sweet, it procs quite often for me, and as I have quite a big spell crit %, I sometimes get 2k+ lightning bolt crit followed by another 2k+ lightning overload crit. Without the paladin threat reducing aura - good luck for the tank to take a mob off me after that. X_X

Improved mana spring totems = halleluyah. Shamans are getting oom too fast. It's built in our class. This and improved water shield should take care of the issue.

Elemental focus reducing 2 spells mana cost to 40% instead of one free crit - ouch. Ooooouch. A lot of shamans were using the high crit (50% + in high-end raids) + clearcasting combo, in which elemental focus greatly helped, now we'll have to reconsider our gear.

Reducing the lightning bolt damage - oh, you've gotta be kidding me. Might be good for enhancement or resto, but for elemental - with lightning mastery it's gonna be the same casting time. Yay, great. X_X I hope the mana cost reduction will be noticeable. :< Maybe the lightning overload buff will cover it, though.

I'll probably respec to resto anyway for raiding - there's not really a place in raid for elemental shaman, and after last month's windfury totem nerf - not for enhancement, too. If I do, then all of the changes are good for me. :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:12 pm 

Well, the mage updates in my opinion are:

Ritual of Refreshment, reduces downtime in raids significantly... but doesn't help in PvP, or increase DPS or anything... I'd gladly get rid of it for a better damage spell.

Fireball/Frostbolt damage tax taking out... to me, this is not a buff, it's a fix to a stealth buff we received months ago that severely hindered our DPS on our primary nukes...

Evocation change.. this is actually a nerf... until lvl 60 Evocation almost always gave you 100% mana, and after 60 the scaling was so bad it didn't give you nearly that much, but if you had a program to swap a spirit weapon, than you could generally get about 60-70% easy. So basically it hinders your evocation until 60, then afterward it's just the same. >.>

Arcane Meditation, okay, this is actually something useful.

Barrier + Ward changes = not too useful.

Detect Magic removed.. I don't think people see the implications of this.. first off, many mages use this to mark their targets before they sheep for example, so people don't attack it... good mages generally throw this up after a sheep in PvP to make the sheep harder to dispel, so taking this out is bad... Also, think about it.... now everyone can see your buffs always.. this is very bad for you.. especially against classes that are now able to wait to dispel your good buffs, or see any tricks you may have.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:03 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Considering the mage changes you are a little unthankful ;p.

Ritual of Refreshment doesn't hurt. Evocation is a nerf just for those rare situation on raids in a long fights for ppl with spirit gear. I think you can't switch gear in battle anymore. Firebolt/Frostbolt hidden nerf remowal is VERY GOOD news. For the Ice Barrier and the Wards I want to see the numbers. Arcane Meditation does not concerns me. And yes, you have absolute right. Removal of Detect Magic and showing our buffs to everyone is a big nerf, but not only to us. Other classes will have similiar problem with their buffs visible.

I'd say those changes affect diffrent groups of ppl. Raiders should be generally happy (expect those spirit-geared ones). Hardcore arena dwellers must be furious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:53 pm 

I'm "unthankful" because they're useless to me. =P

Saying the damage tax fix is a buff, is like punching someone in the face, apologizing, and having them thank you for because you apologized.

You can switch your weapons, but a high spirit weapon with a spirit enchant severely buffs your evocation.

But yeah, I'm in it for the PVP, not the raids. =P

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:30 pm 

Patch 2.3 confirmed for US on Nov. 13, EU on Nov 14.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk