[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Loot share & raid signing ups propositions

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Loot share & raid signing ups propositions
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:23 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Here is a topic that describes loot share and raid signing ups propositions. I have gathered opinions and propositions of as much ppl i could ask. So, feel free to discuss. Final decision will be made by officers voting.

Loot Share for epics:
1. Everyone who need it rolls for it.
2. Person with least items won during whole raid and rolling for item win it.
3. If there are many people with same number of items won, then one with highest roll wins it.

Example

Disenchanted - got 2 items already - rolls 88
Kartekk - got 1 item already - rolls 54
Malthus - got 1 item already - rolls 65

Item goes to Malthus then.

Green items are given by round-robin.

Other propositions for loot share:
- just rolling as it was
- silent bidding with DKP (check wowwiki for DKP article, i presume Linked will present advantages and the rules for DKP giving)
- some modification for this system like:
(items priority for classes that benefit the item most, some raid item )
- other modification (count boss fights for each person, and priority for person hunting an item from the given boss that killed boss most times)

===============================

Raid Spots:
1. Raid list posted on forum until i got the whole site working.
2. You need to confirm your presence to person who posted the list (he or she will update the post) either by contacting her/him or posting in the topic.
3. Confirmation give you a secured spot unless you screw up the point 4.
4. You need to be online at least 30 min before given hour, other way your spot might be taken by someone else and you can't complain about it. If you are late you are moved to 'reserve' and might be invited if any of raider leaves the raid prematurely.

Example topic:

Topic: Karahzan: 2.03 16:00 ServerTime
==========================================
1. Main Tank (Linked confirmed)
2. Main Tank (Korm confirmed)
3. Healer
4. Healer
5. Healer
6. DPS/Offtank (Karmag confirmed)
7. DPS (Distant confirmed)
8. DPS (GvS confirmed)
9. DPS
10. DPS

Post subject: Re: Loot share & raid signing ups propositions
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:40 pm 

Suicide Kings (SK) method for loot distribution on raids.

Here is my break down to hopefully expain the method further:

At the start of the raid, all members will roll out of 1000 (/random 1000). This ranks everybody in the raid.

Any epic or good rare quality item that drops will be prioritised by class. Any members of the primary class who need the item will be taken into consideration. The highest ranked member of the primary class will receive the loot item, and will then drop to the bottom of the rankings. Thus can only get back to the top once other members have also received an item.

In the case where no primary members need the item, secondary class and tertiary class members, where appropriate, will be asked on a need/greed basis. Similarly anybody winning loot in this fashion will drop to the bottom of the ranking list.

In the event that nobody wants to drop to the bottom of the ranking list for an item, but would still like to roll for it, class members can agree to roll rather than "suicide" themselves for the loot, providing the loot master is happy for this to happen.

In the event that people do not with to suicide or roll, the loot will be disenchanted and sent to the guild bank.

I suggest the following method after a drop for loot-masters (LM):
"LM: First Drop - 'Nice big shiny epic'
LM: Priority goes to 'class a', 'class b' and 'class c'. All class members who would like to suicide themselves for this item, please '/w LM suicide' now.
LM: Nobody wishes to suicide for this item, class members who would like to roll please do so now."

Do not fear if you are not on a raid one night. Your rank will be fixed in the current position, and so you will return next time at the same rank, with others having moved around you.

Officers will be using this system and will be in the position of loot master. In the event of conflict or argument on a particular raid, the loot master's decision for that particular raid is final. Please accept this and continue to enjoy the raid thereafter. Complaints may be made to an officer after the raid if you feel particularly hard-done-by.

Officers will be using an add-on to maintain this ranking system, and I will keep a page up to date on the forum so that raiders can easily view their position in the loot tables. Note that it may be wise under this system to pass on an epic that you need when at the top rank so that you can save up for a better item, say tier 4 tokens.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:12 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:18 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

I like the system that Amy posted. It contains no DKP (so it's easy to maintain), but a fair random share with taking in consideration the class priorities. This system surely fails againist newfags vs oldfags conflict in the guild, but we won't see many new faces in a coming few months (at least until we learn to walk through Karah and Zul'Aman with closed eyes).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:42 pm 

I forgot to mention that before, but I believe there are some pretty good raid planner addons, which would take care of singing up for raids?

I really like the SK system, I agree we could give it a try. One question however - if a new person joins the raid (during) what position does he start at? Last one, or does he /roll ? This system is obviously vulnerable to fags, who would suddenly remember they have some stuff to do, once they see their ./roll is low and they won't get the item they want, but I believe we don't have anyone like that in MW...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:06 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

I'm already working on site for raid signing ups. This takes time as I need to do same work as I do in work so I'm little demotivated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:54 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:07 am 

Yeh, I like the part about people leaving during raid. The question, however, is about people joining raid. At what 'rank' do they start at? Moreover - as far as I understand the ranks reset every raid, right?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:30 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

No the ranks stay the same. There is only one ordering ppl by roll. If you didn't participate you simply be on the top of the list after some raids. For example.

1. Distant
2. Gvs
3. Crow
4. Cyclone

After one raid without you 3 ppl got items in following order: gvs, cyclone, distant. Then the order will look like:

1. Crow
2. GvS
3. Cyclone
4. Distant

That's why this system is vulnerable for newfags vs oldfags syndrome. You don't accumulate any points/experience/dkp to use in future raids in advantage of new fags, but it's not our problem (no newfags).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 pm 

As for new people joining the raid with the SK loot distribution - i have no fucking idea. Keep in mind that we are going to be doing 10 mans for some time to go and that most items have 2-3 classes they belong to. So even if, lets say, they start from the last spot, they will probably get the items they want pretty quick. And if someone above them decided to suicide for something, chances are the next drop will probably go to them.

When it comes to new raid members: DKP is far more "old raider" friendly since they can gather an infinite amount of DKP allowing them to get much more items before they fall with dkp lower then the new people with no dkp whatsoever to start with. With SK - you get one item and you fall under the new guy, allowing him to get the next one.

There is only one roll. After that it all depends on who gets an item. When the raid ends, ranking get saved as it is, and stays that way untill the next raid. If you join a raid, finish it at #5, miss the next raid, then you come to the next one, you start off with #5 with others having moved around you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 am 

Just for reference:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Dragon_Kill_Points
http://www.wowwiki.com/Suicide_Kings

Well, the SK system is nice because there's no inflation problems, and uber points can't be saved up, letting one person get the first 10 items dropped from any new instances we start doing, but if any hybrid class needs anything for their secondary abilities (i.e. a feral druid getting healing equips that no one else wants, or a tank stocking up on fire resist gear for certain instance runs) , or like in the DKP system, where someone could be given a few DKP for say, making potions for the guild for an instance run, or buying items in AH (like resist pots or something) for the whole raid or something. But it does make you think about when you upgrade, so you don't take a very small upgrade while someone else needs it a lot more.

Either one would be fine for me, but I don't really care too much about gear.. I play this game only to have fun with you guys (and to forget some things, but that's another story o.o) so I try to only take gear or something if no one else needs it. I would suggest that if we use SK, then if no one really needs an item for their main build, if they then need it for resist gear/secondary build, that it wouldn't suicide them, or if we use DKP that things such as pot making for guild, or anything else that helps everyone, is kept track of. o.o And there are dozens of different DKP systems out there to consider so.. have fun. xP

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:32 pm 

Lol, my bad, I shouldn't read/write posts at 3am (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it). =P

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk