[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Wowjutsu - armory based guild progression ranking

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Wowjutsu - armory based guild progression ranking
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:15 am 

http://wowjutsu.com/eu/outland/

Wowjutsu is a site, which measures guild PvE progression based on boss drops it finds in armory (thanks to Irian and Raven for showing it to me). Yesterday, I have added our guild to a forced scan, but due to unknown reasons we were not listed :<.

There are two conditions that need to be fulfilled in order to be included in the list.
1) At least 10 lv 70 chars present in guild
2) At least 10 points in their ranking system, which is supposed to mean around half Kara cleared.

We definitely meet the first condition, so we must have failed at the second one. This is indeed strange, as the weakest guild present in the setting (which currently has 10.12 points) only has Attumen, Moroes, and three opera events cleared. I have scaned through our armory entries and at the time of scan we had drops from Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Crone, Curator, Aran and Prince. I dobut that in their point system Big bad wolf + Romulu & Juiliane > Curator + Prince + Aran so I guess it must have used some old, cached version of armory entries.

We can force new scan in 4 days. The request is - try to log out with as many of your Kara drops on your char as possible.

Post subject: Re: Wowjutsu - armory based guild progression ranking
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 am 

As they say on their site, there is a big point increase for downing a boss for first time, and a small point increase for having more and more drops from those bosses.

Its a good idea to log out in you PvE gear.

It was wierd for me at first, that the system did not want to rate MW guild. We'll see, maybe some more kara drops on some more people will help.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:00 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Wowjusu is a mess. Their queue system sux. I have found some info on elitists jerks forum. They update some hundred number of best guilds frequently and any new guilds are put with lower priority in the queue. It can take even week before Multiworld appears.

I have found other ranking system.

To make your guild visible there, you need to only view characters from this guild. For the first time, data is taken from armory. I haven't read how further refreshes are done. Anyway they have no queue, which means less reads of armory (as people will refresh manually only those ppl from their guilds that got need eq).

We are rank 57 on warcrafter.net for Outland server.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 pm 

I like WoWjutsu interface hundred times better, than warcraft.net . Moreover requirement to manually refresh progression means the stats are very inaccurate and is simply pain in the ass (obviously still better than uploading SS)

As far as I understood WoWjutsu FAQ, they crawl the armory for guild progression, and that means seldom updates for weaker guilds. However after manual refresh the guild is supposed to be scanned within few hours, even if it is not yet ranked. This system means, that the stats are much more accurate, as sooner or later all high-end guilds will appear on the ranking (true?). Position 57 in WoWJutsu is Kara, Gruul, Mag and most ZA clear, plus few drops from TK and SC. This shows pretty well, how accurate warcraft.net is, unfortunately.

PS. If you, Raven, start flaming Distant (ie. 'you are stupid if you think WoWjutsu is a mess') in response (or if you, Distant, start flaming in response to next Rav post) I will f..ing kill you.

PS2. Who has a drop from TK Oo ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:22 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Yes, the ranking ladder of wowjustsu is clear and simple. Gives all the information about progress in a nice form. But when we talk about updating. Warcrafter updating system is better designed. I'm sure that they have lower traffic then wowjutsu. It's a pain to update all chars for the first time, but then how many people get new piece each week? And this can be done by each character owner not only one person who put guild into the queue.

Unfortuately we can't do anything more about it, except waiting. ;x

P.S.
No daddy style please.

P.S. 2
Polarbear's char has some drop from TK. So we get free boost in ranking ;p

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:45 pm 

Well, many people probably log out in full PvP set.. no bosses killed for that. And if it reads only a few people have drops.. maybe it is set to have a certain number of people with good drops before it ranks us? So we don't have 1 uber geared person, and a bunch of people who have never raided, and it thinks we cleared BT. =P That or it's just stupid, and only updates smaller guilds once a month or something.. And I'm sure it doesn't help that the Armory sometimes takes a long time to update, or messes something up. Unfortunately, I have mostly tailored stuff, or S1 PvP gear. o.o I actually only have 1 drop from kara.. I should log out with that on..

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:13 pm 

I haven't checked each site system details yet, but here is my first impression: wowjutsu shows nothing while warcrafter.net is really impressive. We were ranked instantly and I can check many details of my char, like DPS of each spell, breakdown of each stat and many more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:10 pm 

Like Crow said:

warcraft.net is not accurate, because it requires manual updates from users. And I don't believe a manual-update ranking can be even close to accurate

wowjutsu.com has delay, but its accurate, because eventually all the guilds will be ranked. If you are not ranked within 4 days, you can force a manual update from the armory.

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:13 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:56 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Added to forced queue again this morning...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:07 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:00 pm 

I guess it's fine and cost us nothing to be on both sites anyway. I just don't have good memory and simply forget to logout with PvE gear, so manual update is more user friendly for me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:01 am 

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.