[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Armor questions o.o

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Armor questions o.o
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:53 am 

Alright, I'm kinda confused, I've played WoW for awhile, several chars, etc... but never been 70, done hardcore raiding, or done Arena, etc.

1st off, are we in Arena Season 3 or not (I don't think we are yet, just making sure)? If not, when does that start and is it true that S1 equips will be honor rewarded when that starts.

Basically, I'm wondering what good PvP equips I can get on my own (basically w/o doing arena.. yet). If I should do S1, or just get the lvl 70 PvP set (yes, much AV grinding to come I assume o.o). Also, if anyone knows what other good mage equips I can get not covered by the aforementioned sets, what should I get and how? (First I'll probably try to get a lot of the Spellfire tailoring set.)

For PvE... I'm assuming that that T6 armor set is best for raiding? Though I assume that to get it, you need a good raiding party already decked out. Any thoughts/comments on what raiding stuff I should get (when I get higher lvl obviously)?

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

Post subject: Re: Armor questions o.o
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:09 am 

As little as I know about PVP, I'm quite sure Arena season 3 is up already (for a month?), and yes, you can buy S1 for honor and BG marks. From what I know it's better for Arena than BG sets. Prices

As for PVE - T6 is a dream you're probably never gonna see in your gameplay. Except maybe for when someone links it in your chat window. :P Unfortunatelly, Blizzard made it so only a few % of players can see high-end game content. Shame. :/

Anyway, I'd recommend you to use this planner

http://wow-loot.com/gearguide.php

set on sources:
Include: Faction Rewards
Include: Random World Drops (boe items, buyable off AH)
Include: Heroic Mode Items
Include: BoP Tradeskill Items (if you're a tailor)

and your stats of choice. There are some really good quest rewards on lvl 70, especially in Netherstorm. Also, my mage is only 62 atm, but from what I know, the spellfire set > all untill T5, so if you get that early, you won't have to replace it for a long, looong time.

Btw, care to share your raiding build after today's patch? I'm tempted to try 10/40/11, but I don't really want to drop Arcane Meditation.... :/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:25 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Season 3 is already.
Best PVP gear to get:
Vindactor's parts and S1 Set for Honor and Marks. Simultanously grinding Arena Points for S3 parts.
Best PVE gear early for mage:
Spellfire Set + Spellstrike Set + additional items from 5-mans (like Greatsword of Horrid Dreams).

Pre-kara best PVE:
Many new nice items to buy for Badges of Justice (those you get in Heroic Level Dungeons from bosses).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:25 pm 

Where do vindicators and spellstrike come from?

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:45 pm 

N/m.. found Spellstrike.. my god that's like, 2 months worth of cloth cooldowns... T.T And I think Vindicators is more honor grinding... fun.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:03 pm 

Season 1 glad set is available for honor now,so you can just grind battlegrounds for honor + doing daily quest (449 honor and 10 gold a day).

S2 and S3 are available at arena vendor,You can buy them for arena points,there is not big difference atm between S2 and S3,so i suggest grinding for S3 and saving points.

The best way is to reach lvl 69 and start doing BG's,cause higher the lvl,more honor you get.Or you can reach lvl 70 and do battlegrounds with rest of the crew in one group,what is more fun and more honor at the same time.Me and Korm pretty often do BG's so you are welcome to join.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:32 am 

I'd love to join at 70, but I assume everyone else would be uber geared and pwn me. o.o

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:38 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

In fact it will be easier for you. You gonna join our premade parties for WSG, EOTS and AB and gain marks very fast, as playing as a group we can coordinate our both our offense and defense better. Not just mindless fighting in the middle.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:02 pm 

How often do you guys go? o.o

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk