[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Prince . . .

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Prince . . .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 am 

I spent some time digging through boss strategy guides to find out the ways to improve our performance, after recent failures at prince. Unfortunately there is not much we can do. First of all two healers are not supposed to be enough for this fight. Most guides say, that if your tank is geared in Kara level gear, three healers 'should' be enough. One thing we can try is casting amplify magic on tank. The only magic damage he should be taking is from SW:P, which we dispel fast anyway (and which is not cast in second phase). However, with only two healers it is heal speed that is troublesome, as well as heal power. Greater heal is 3 sec cast, and even if we synchronize the tank will get a 4k heal every 2 - 1.5 second, while the prince can just trash for 12k. Not to mention that we might have to move away from infernal. Moreover we still have to go through phase three, when we will not only have to keep the tank alive, but also heal axes target. All in all, if we don't get three healers today, I think we better try to kill Netherspite than Prince.

Few additional things that we must take care of in second phase, though I believe we already did this:
-> Absolutely no melee attacks from front (parry = +40% speed on next attack on tank)
-> Keep speed debuffs up on him (Thunderclap, Demoralizing Shout, Curse of Weakness)

Any additional tips anyone would like to share?

Post subject: Re: Prince . . .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:44 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Please discuss this, on guild web page forum. Many of our Karah team not registered here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:06 pm 

I'm not registered on "guild web page forum", whatever that is, so ill post her, mkey?

1. SW: P is not the only magic damage a Prince tank gets. Dont forget about shadow nova, which is a killer.

2. Don't know why your meele would EVER be in front of the prince. The only things that should be in front of Prince for the WHOLE duration of the fight, is tank and a wall.

3. Three healers are mandatory for Prince when most of your raid is in kara gear. You should try to diverse your healer's class. Resto druid helps a lot on phase 3, resto shammy has imba +healing totem, holy paladin is really a GREAT single target healer.

4. Debuffs:
Thunder Calp and Demoralizing Shout are a basic warrior tank abilities, and if your tank don't use it, he sucks.
As for Curse of Weakness, warlocks have a lot more better curses. Remember, that Prince has a soft enrage timer. That means, the more time it takes you to kill him, the harder it becomes. That is why you should use all the dps you can spare, and Curse of Agony is WAY better than Curse of Weakness.

5. Put a skull on one of the dpsers. His job will be to watch the infernals falling, moving ranged group to a safe place and tell tank where to move prince, if there is such need.

6. "Safe places" for Prince does not work anymore. Blizzard fixed it in 2.4. We are so sorry, you cheaters out there, but now you will have to do him the proper way.

7. Its not "Karah". Its Karazhan, Kara, but not "Karah". Maybe you meant the famous singer? Karah Sonnor?

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 pm 

As I said, we already do the things mentioned, I just wanted to make sure these are not forgot. We also did not have *that* much trouble with infernals and we are using the 'mark one ranged DPS' strategy (even though we much rather do 'follow the tit' than 'follow the skull'). Our major failures were because of healing, sadly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:36 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:49 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:52 pm 

Exactly. If I didn't want people outside of guild to respond, I would have posted somewhere only guildies have access. I posted this in public part of forums in order for the topic to be visible to and allow participation of any non-guild or even not-yet-MW posters.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:56 pm 

Irian, we know that you know, but we also know that we know what we know. We killed Prince already before and our problem yeterday is very specific, so there is no need to throw a bunch of tips that everyone read on wowwiki already before + trolling. We appreciate tips on healing though.

In my opinion tank is missing some stamina, we should give him +30 stamina food from storage or ask him to get better gems. Also there is such pot: - it looks cheap and would release me and other dps from stress of predicting infernals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:01 pm 

Which still doesn't give me the answer I need :P What's your healers setup? I can go to much lenghts explaining healing for a resto drood, resto shammy and holy pala, but that won't really do you any good if you have p.ex. two holy priests and one drood.

Healing Prince with two healers is possible only if you're way overgeared. We actually did this when your third healer died of first shadow nova (yeah, he was a noob and came too close :P), with our resto drood lifeblooming the tank and popping tranquility on ph3 and me just cheainhealing every friendly target, but my +healing is almost 1k over the required value for this fight, and we're both high on mp5. Normally 2 healers would either run out of mana really fast or wouldn't manage the spike damage on tank. Shadowpriest helps on the first issue, but then again if you have a shpriest - force him to respec holy. :P

Edit: damn, clicked submint instead of previev. Stupid me.

Edit again, because I'm undecided like that :P : just to make things clear - we still happen to wipe on Prince, sometimes a lot. One of our recent Kara runs (a week or two ago) was 3,5h for all the instance and then an hour of wipes on Prince. This is a luck fight, and I swear the bastard learned to aim better with his infernals since 2.4 - on first try that day he somehow managed to throw a nice line from the wall first, then corner us, then throw an infernal right on us. What's the odds, I ask? Bastard.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:14 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:12 pm 

From my point of view (unfortunately I deleted movie and keep combat log only on myself) it looked like this: We got two priests as healers and everything was fine, but suddenly tank life goes to 80% and then boom, something flashed, I saw 6k crit on his portait and he's dead. We were very lucky with infernals, just standing in same place all time. We usually have resto druid too, but he wasn't online yesterday at prince.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:54 pm 

Sounds like sunder + cleave on ph2 (well if it was really a crit, as you said, then your tank is really heavily undergeared, must be uncritable). Can be a bitch, especially right after shadow nova or if tank has sw: pain. It could've been that SW:P was cast on tank, priests went to dispell it and then sunder+cleave happened before they resumed healing - then take turns dispelling, preferably with a /say Dispel macro. Apart from buffing your tank with everything you can, you can try to avoid it by shortening ph2 as much as possible. If you have a shammy, pop heroism at the beginning of ph2. If you have a leatherworker, make him use the drums of battle (drums+hero is teh win, btw, shortens my cast time by 0,6s on 2,5s chheal <3). Healers - overheal. I know what I said in my healing guide, about interrupting by moving/esc - don't do this this time. Just spam your big heals and chug mana potions. With a bit of luck and a lot of nuking ph2 will be over soon and while ph3 is annoying, it doesn't require as much spike healing as ph2.

Btw - if your priests have lightwell they might want to pop it for ph3... Could work nice as additional healing if ppl remember to click it after the axes are OFF them. Not good as the only healing source, but definitly helping. Saved my ass on Fatom Lord Karathress when I was a healer on shaman add. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:57 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 am 

1. Start recruiting more healers. There is no other way for you to do Kara successfully. You should have more sub players who will be ready to step in when your core raiders can't make it. Take a look at your workplace. There is always a time when someone "can't come". Act on it, recruit some replacement in advance.

2. On Prince there is usually no situations when you can choose between moving a tank or moving ranged group. Usually it's a must for one of the groups, because infernal lands on them. Sometimes everyone need to move.
The key concept in this fight is to watch the infernals and move in advance, so that wherever the infernal lands, you maximize your movement options. Its hard like hell, but it minimize the luck factor of the fight.

DISCLAIMER: I do react harsh to Distant's posts because he steps into my field of expertise. I pride myself on knowledge and my achievements in PvE and DO NOT LIKE when someone in PvP gear, still doing Karazhan, acts like he knows better. I never would criticize Dis on his knowledge of PvP. I know he is better in it. But I won't be nice to people who know less than me on PvE and raiding and act like they know everything. I sacrificed too much of my time to get where I am now.

If you don't like my advices, state it openly here and I'll stop posting them. If you find it helpful in any way, don't criticize me for posting them. mkey? You can not agree with me, that's cool. But don't write something along the lines of: "WTF? You again? Shut up, I asked if anyone knows anything, not YOU!". No-one pays me for giving you advices on how to save your personal time and do something else instead of wiping. Don't make me regret the time i spent trying to help you.

DISCLAIMER 2: I give advices based on the set of information you supply to me. I take it those are accurate, true and complete. If you don't post complete, accurate and true information, I cannot give you complete, accurate and true advices. Bear that in mind :P