[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Time to get Holy

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Time to get Holy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:03 pm 

It is probably high time already for me to respec my priest to Holy spec. I still have a lot of dobuts, and hope that I can get some feedback. My main focus remains in PvP but I hope to do decent job in our rides as well. If that is not possible, I would go for full-PvE build, but I hope this can be avoided.

The core of the build is as follows:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxzGzhMZfVthcMoV0h

Probably first 4 tiers of Holy tree are more or less self-explanatory. I don't know how good Blessed Recovery is, but it seems to have a nice oppinion. I do have dobuts about tier 5. Should I go for Healing prayers or Spiritual Guidance? Blessed Resiliance seems to be of utter importance in PvP so the rest of the tree is more-or-less determined.

Tier 1 in Disc is easy. Tier 2 is very confusing, but I think that Martydom and imp PW:S seem the most important. I would still love to have improved PW:F and even Silent resolve. Tier 3 is Inner Focus, and Meditation, as I think I will need Divine Spirit for raiding. Two points in Mana Burn is a must.

At this point there are still eleven points to distribute (minus one for Divine Spirit). The candidates are: Holy Concentration, Empowered Healing, imp PW:F, Silent Resolve, Mental Agility, Improved Divine Spirit, Mental Strength and Focused Power. Could you kindly tell me, which of those skills you find to be important in both PvP and PvE situations?

I will stay shadow for a little bit more, but I want to be ready for respec soon. Thank you in advance for your imput.

Post subject: Re: Time to get Holy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:41 am 

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxMGzIMzbZfxthcMoV0hZz

I don't have any experience about priests, but this build of your core build felt good for mainly PvP, but raiding capable.

Improved Fort. is good for both.
Improved PW:S is good for both.
Improved Inner Fire is good for PvP.
Divine Spirit (improved or not) is especially good for PvE, but it adds 1 more dispellable buff in PvP so its good.
Mental Agility is good for spamming Renew, so I guess the benefit from this goes to both PvE & PvP.

Holy Concentration is better for PvE, as usually in PvP healers are the targets and having no mana cost to next spell won't be so useful if you can't get the spell casted.
Blessed Resilence is only for PvP.

If I was a troll priest I'd take Blackout for shits'n'giggles as shadowguard can stun enemies then. :P

Can't give you more feedback as I need to hurry to study.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 am 

I will give You my proposition soon,for now dont have too much time.

But consider holy's tier 1 talent,to increase crit chance of holy spells by 5%,im almost sure it also affects heals,and crit heal is what You want.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxtGzhMhZfxxIc0oVhh

Disc tree:

Silent Resolve is a must for raiding imo,but if You really dont want it and prefer something for pvp,You can take out points from that talent and add in mana reducing or increasing max mana.Or impr diving spirit to increase spell dmg and healing dms.

Holy Tree
Holy specialization should affect heals so i quess its pretty useful,heals from crits often save ass,especially on pvp.

Next is Inspiration or Spell Warden,just put 3 points in what u prefer,but i think inspiration is good in instances,25% after crit heal for armor is pretty nice for tanker.

You dont need Holy Nova,its a crap skill

Last is Holy Concetration,awsome talent and You should keep it

Rest of build seems ok

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 pm 

Seems to me that.. in general, Disc is more for PvP, while Holy is more PvE.. (simplified: disc = buffs, holy = heals/holy attacks) just my thoughts though. I am by no means a priest expert.. bear that in mind, these are just my personal suggestions.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxzGzhMZfVthcMoV0h deep Holy
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxzGzhMZfVthcMoV0h deep Disc
The Disc is geared toward party PvP, or arenas, with everyone being so damn crit and dispel happy all the time.

Plus, I guess it really depends on what kind of PvP you're doing... Arena = no way in hell you're casting a 2.5 (with talents) Greater Heal, so lvling that wouldn't be great. Buffs/dispelling/flash healing is all you can do (afaik). In BGs, holy would still probably be good, and there will be more then 1 priest there to give different buffs and such, and if you're doing AV, then it's partially PvE anyway. And Holy is good for PvE, so I'd start with a holy build until you arena grind. =P

http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=7957&p=77473
I like this thread personally.. learned a lot there. Especially searching top arena teams who almost always have a Disc Priest. (Just randomly searched priest forums and read a few).

Others, feel free to critique as you see fit, and hope I helped. o.o

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:11 am 

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxgMzhMZfxxIc0oVhNo
First of all, Imp PW:S isn't really good as it seems to. 15% of that 1k is 150dmg so won't save u. Better keep 3points for something better.
Circle of Healing is so damn good stuff, low mana usable, and 500 heals(without any bonus, with it heals over 1k) for the whole party members around target. But yea its so so deep.
Emp Healing is just to get CoH, but that 8% for flash heal is always welcome.
Blessed Resilence is good for PvP only, personally i have'n't received crit from mob for the whole time I'm holy, so i resigned from it. If u got enough +healing and at least 100 resilience You don't need this. I still can survive rogues/warrior, unless they are full S3 ;-)
Blessed recovery is the same as above.. but there's no good talent in holy, and needed those 3 points to get deeply. But it's helpful in PvP.
Healing Prayers, maybe those 20% in Prayers isn't impressive, but 400mana u save with it, is enough to cast Flash heal or CoH.
Imp Mana burn is a good stuff for both PvP and PvE. So I'm gonna take it ofc.
Divine Spirit is quite useless. 79 spirit doesn't grant so much mana/hp regen(no need spirit for anything else).

And yea holy nova is bad bad.. I took it firstly but 850mana usage and 400dmg and 500 healing depressed me. Lightwell as well. I'm waiting till blizz improve it somehow, e.g remove harmful buffs or something.

At the moment i have this build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxgMzhZfxxccMqVhVo
Becouse I got lots of spirit(350+), Spiritual Guidance grants good amount of +healing, But yea gonna resign from it as soon as i get full S1/S3(for PvP) and T4(for PvE).

Doh hope that helps.

Edit just for Velius:
about PW:S
Receives a 30% bonus from +healing items (as of Patch 2.3; 20% as of Patch 2.0.10, previously 10%)
So 30% of 1,2k healing is 400dmg and 15% of it is 60dmg. So I'm dorry for a lil mistake... not 150dmg absorbed more, but 210. Still nothing impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:23 pm 

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:38 pm 

First of all - sorry it took me so long to thank you for your input. What you said helped me a lot in my choices. Most of all however, it made me realise it is far too early for me, to focus hardly on PvP (Arena). I still have a long period of gathering S1 on BGs (and these are much closer to PvE than Arenas are) and we will likely be having some PvE fun as well, before we start creating serious Arena teams. Having said that this is what I chose for the time being:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxgMzhMzbZfxtcc0aVhh

t1: The suggestion to take Holy Specialization over Spell Warding appealed to me, and it complies with the idea to get more PvEish for now. Thanks for pointing that out.

t2: 5 points from Spell Warding went to Holy Specialization.

t3: I am aware, that Holy Nova is probably worthless, but I just want to test it for a bit. Moreover I decided to move 3 points from Blessed Recovery to Inspiration, due to your common suggestion it is really nice, and the fact I took Holy Specialization. Again this will probably weaken my PvP performance, but probably I can live with it.

t4: No changes

t5: I can't really believe, that Spirit of Redemption would be useless. 15 secs of uninterrupted healing would save my party many many times before. At least I will give it a shot for now. 4 points in Spiritual Guidance is +32 healing with 0 spirit from items. This, combined with Improved Divine Spirit makes Divine Spirit a + 62 healing buff (still with +0 from items). Healing Prayers looks tempting, especially since it has been recommended, but it will have to wait for better times.

t6: No changes.

t7: I hope that BG experience will be enough to judge usefulness of Blessed Resiliance. Assarin said, he is not receiving any crits from mobs, which I find rather surprising. Currently Focused Casting (from Martyrdom) triggers a lot for me. I also want to test Holy Concentration, due to your generall agreement it is very good (even if only PvE-wise).

t8/t9: seem nice, but those would mean no Divine Spirit, which I want to take a close look at for now.

Discipline tree went through some major changes as well.

t2: You convinced me to try Silent Resolve. It is not worthless in PvP, it does not screw the build and getting aggro sucks. Martyrdom is a small leap towards PvP, as what Rav said about getting crits is probably right. Maybe those two points should have been used at imp:pws.

t3 and t4 did not undergo any changes and my reasoning for Improved Divine Spirit has been given in t5 holy paragraph.

Once again thank you for your help. Hopefully by the time we start doing more Arenas I will have better knowledge about the talents and will be ablo to adjust the build accurately.

PS. Raven gave me a link for a nice overwiew of best pre-heroic PvE items for holy priest. You might want to take a look at this as well: http://www.worldofmatticus.com/2007/08/ ... endations/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:30 pm 

Well, the most important this is to find something you like, and enjoy playing, so good luck! =)

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:09 am 

Some basic maths:

Your Greater Heal is a full-cast spell, that means cast time of 3 sec, meaning full bonus +healing is added to the spell (on faster casted spells the bonus healing is scaled down)

You have 650 healing bonus right now. That is 130 +healing from Empowered Healing with 5 points in it. That gives + 26 healing bonus per talent point.

Lets take a look at your spirit buff. you got 240 spirit unbuffed, that is 290 buffed with Divine Spirit. That is.. +29 healing from Imp. Divine Spirit. 3 talent points. That gives you now +10 healing bonus for each talent point.

At this point math sais its better to go get Empowered Healing instead of Spirit.

A priest geared with Karazhan gear:
As you can see, +healing is at the point of +1600, spirit still around 290, unbuffed. That gives:
320 +healing = 64 +healing per talent point for Empowered Healing
29 +healing = +10 healing per talent point for Spirit buff.

I know that spirit gives also a +mp5 and all, and i only calculated for Greater Healing. But still, spirit sucks.
In our guild only one priest have this buff for the entire raid. Noone else thinks its usefull anywhere outside 25-man raids where any buff matters.

Go ahead and test the skill, but you must know one thing.

To determine if some skill is useful or not, use maths first. You may not see the difference in the middle of the fight.

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:38 am 

Hmm, Divine Spirit will increase your mana regen in combat by 9.375... Can you learn Prayer of Spirit w/o learning this, and just use that? o.o Though Improved Divine Spirit would help any casters/healers, which may be good on yourself if you can self cast it.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk