[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 95: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Karazhan tactics

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Karazhan tactics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 pm 

Last edited by Linked on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Karazhan tactics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:32 pm 

Some pointers for the encounter:

1. The fight is considered a gear check for the first part of Karazhan. If you wil be able to defeat him, you should not have problems gear-wise, until Curator.

2. Meele dps are more problematic intel kara than ranged ones, and beside Aran for interrupts, they are not needed. Saying, that dps group needs meele dps for Atumen is a lie.

3. 460 defense on your warrior is a lie too. Every warrior tank knows he needs 490 defense to rule out critical hits. If he deos not know that, he sucks at being a tank.

4. Your maib healer shoul have around 1000-1200 bonus healing and should not be a resto druid. Off-healers need around 800-1000 bonus healing. Its great to have a resto druid aszune an off-healer. HoTs are great.

5. You'll need at least 2 priests for shackle on Moroes and trash. You'll need at least one warlock for Maiden trash and later, Aran.

Good luck.

His word speaks what he desires.
His wrath brings ethernal damnation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 pm 

1. 2 Priests are not needed later on, one is enough for Moroes, but that is only if you already have kara and higher level gear. 2 of em is advisible at the start.

2. You also need a Holy pally for Maiden, as I assume no tank at this point will be able to survive without heals untill the end of repentance. Have the pally use blessing of sacrifice on the tank right before repentance.

3. You need a Warlock not only for Aran and Maiden trash but for Ilhoof too, and they are great at Netherspite, having 2 of em does not hurt.

4. Although meele is not "needed" at most of the fights, it is advisible to have em after Curator till Aran/Netherspite. You might want rogues/warriors to take green beam in NS fight not to waste healer's mana, you will need meele on some magic-immune trash pre-Aran and for interupts on the Shade himself.

I'm blind not deaf!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:18 am 

Well, this is called Kara tactics, so I'll add my thoughts on this here. I'll admit that I currently am undergeared for Kara, but I'm working as fast as I can, but considering that, I think we did well for our 1st run. o.o

Well, I thought about our run earlier, and read many... many guides on it about this.. and considering how That Curator fight went today, a shadow priest would be tremendously helpful on Curator (VE + VT giving back 1500ish HP and mana whenever he evocates to entire party of casters is nice, mainly cause I ran out of mana >.>) and that a feral druid or dual wielding fury warrior would have been helpful using the setup we had for quick aggro so the orbs didn't anally rape us so much, and only attacked 1 target making everyone's job easier, but it's late and I can't think of what we have atm... also a http://www.wowwiki.com/Cauldron_of_Majo ... Protection would have been nice to make healer's job easier, but I dunno if anyone in guild can make it. xP

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:41 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 am 

I made some more research on Aran, and apparently we made some incomplete, and perhaps even incorrect, assumptions, which caused us to wipe few times.

First of all - the flame wrath. It is triggered if anyone (ie. not the target) within the range moves. Therefore when he uses it, everyone should freeze for few seconds (to make sure the animation is displayed) and than people not within a range can move if necessary.

Moreover it is triggered by things like Druid polymorph, or accepting resurrection (I guess one of those caused our second FW wipe, when Deg used combat ress on me - he either changed form or I accepted resu within range). It is also triggered by mage blink, rogue Cloack of Shadow and stuff like that.

Finally - the pyroblast. According to WoWwiki he uses it not when his mp < hp, but when he is at 20% mana. The real goal here is to make him pyro as 'far' from summoning elementals (he does that at 40% hp) as possible. Lower dps raids (ekhem, do we know any xd ?) might actually do something totally opposite to what we did - interrupt arcane missles (which actually is his highest dmg 'normal' spell) and not interrupt other spells. This would cause him to pyroblast much sooner, than his 40% hp. Just keep everyone above 7,5k hp and pyro should not kill us. After that he is not supposed to use pyroblast again, and mass poly might be actually not that bad, as it allows for some mana regen. Once again - most important is to not have pyro and elementals at the same time (which we had on our last wipe yesterday).

I think we should kill him easily today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:56 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

As the song goes on:
I will not move if the flame wraith is cast or the raid blows up.

BTW. For the pyro-time. There are number of things that you can do in time when polymorph breaks and pyro is flying toward you. Safe you Ice Block, Cloak of Skill, anyother spell avoidance ability for this moment.

For counting our dps:
Im sth like 750-800 when trinketing, owa and gvs -> 650-750, velius was sth near gvs and owa. Didnt watched Deg and Sat. Anyway if there are some data for Aran saying: X DPS -> Tactic A, X+100 DPS -> Tactic B then we should check ours today on first try.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:17 am 

and also watch for blizzard... it moves roundly. Like this:

So ranged DPSers and healers need to move.

Watch this movie if don't get it... pretty cool one.

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbgu ... v8HpSyEteR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 am 
Demokratyczny Moderator

Actually it's something like this:

Black Dot - Aran
Blue half - Blizzard Zone
Red Circle - Silence Zone
Green Area - Safe Zone

There exist a ring around Aran that is above range of silence and still not in Blizzard range.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:59 pm 

During the combat Aran moves slightly, so the 'silence' circle moves as well, sometimes overlapping with Blizz. The silence is supposed to have fixed range (10 yards I think). Is there any nice addon, that displays distance to given target in yards? If not, we could just look at our 10 yard skills, and see if he is in range or not...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:22 pm 

Or you can run around like everybody else?

Aran moves too much. If you are on the thin ring of no-silence-and-no-blizzard, and Aran moves a little bit in your direction, you will be trapped and you can wipe the whole raid (if you are a healer for example, you wont be able to heal someone in time).

Learn to move your ass around while healing/dpsing, because you WILL need it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:26 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:55 pm 

I know very well what my ass is doing and I did this boss countless more times than you did.
And apparently only you moving was not enough for your guild to down this boss. Afaik, you wiped hard.

What I tried to say, and what you did misunderstood:

You can try to stay in his moving 10yard circle, which is hard, or you can try and stay in the half of his room where the blizzard is not hitting, which is a lot simpler. If you can move and stay out of silence zone and blizzard zone, you can also stay out of blizzard, on the other side of the room.

Beside, bear in mind, that you play a mage. All you have to do is press one button. Lets not kid ourselves, you have chosen, my friend, the most simple and straightforward class from all. No wonder you are able to move so quickly.

If you miss a fireball no-one dies. If a healer misses a heal, people do die.
Roll a healer, because apparently, you have no idea what does it mean.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:12 pm 
Demokratyczny Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:13 pm