[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 456: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4246: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4248: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4249: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4250: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3685)
Multiworld • View topic - Karazhan tactics

Multiworld

Nothing is impossible in the Multiworld
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Karazhan tactics
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:11 pm 

hey... i dodged attumen's charge... so... and i have something around 7.3k buffed...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:17 pm 

I really hate the Aran fight, I tended to die there way too much. So, some tips:

1. Moving around is much easier if one ranged (dps/healer) gets a big skull mark over their head - preferably someone who did the fight several times and knows what to do. I know it helped me a LOT on my first Kara runs when I stayed close to a marked tree drood. Even if you feel like there's no need to run since you're good in spotting the safe place around Aran, it's still a good practice for further movement fights, and believe me, most of raiding fights require some running around.

2. If someone's under 7,5k max hp buffed, they will die on pyro. If someone's under 8k max hp buffed, they will probably die too. If not on first phase, then after sheeping occurs. I should know, I died that way too X__x - there's a really small amount of time for raid healing after the pyro, as he starts his usual skills after that and if the elementals are still there... well, you can always potion/hs/bandage really, really fast and hope for the best. If you're low on hp, why not skip Aran for some time and get geared up? he's really ugly fight.

Note: pyro CAN be interrupted, so if you have someone with interrupts and really fast reaction time - try your best. If you're low on DPS, then what Crow suggested is a good tactics, since you'll have the sheeping done and won't have to worry about it anymore.

3. lock on this fight = much easier. Two locks on this fight = usually win. banish and fear > elementals, as they despawn after 1,5 min anyway, no matter what. That's also a good moment for throwing your summonible pets - shaman's and mage's elemental, since the Aran's summons will chase them too and leave you alone. Pets don't trigger the flame wrath, too, so it's pretty safe.

Good luck guys.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:22 pm 

First off, everyone go get stopcasting macros for their interrupt spells, they will save your ass constantly in PvE and PvP, also set it up so that you can always see what the enemy is casting, I would also recommend to always have "target of your target" option as well.

Shade isn't that hard if everyone knows what to do, the main thing imo is to have a definite order of who interrupts when, that was our only problem, I say that the raid leader just calls out the name of the next person who has to interrupt, if it fails, fine, someone gets hit by a fireball, but our main problem was that everyone either interrupted at the same time, blowing their CDs, or no one interrupted and people got hit by several fireballs in a row. It's just all about coordination, we all learned to get away from blizzard/arcane explosion/fire nova, coordination in interrupting is all we need to get a bit better at.

And yes, we did wipe hard, but when we were down to only a few people left, we settled into a patter of "okay, you're next to interrupt" with only about 4 people still alive, and then got him down a lot. This is unlike any boss battle we've played before, just like Curator was, but after we all sat back and thought about the fight, we came back and destroyed him. Plus the fact that I fucking lagged out EVERY time we tried to kill shade... didn't help with the DPS. >.>

And... I just don't know what to say to the person who thinks mages are easy... CCing (then constantly watching to make sure it doesn't break), watching aggro, watching mana, DPSing, moving from enemies who will 1-2 shot you (I know I don't have the best gear, but I'm still getting hit for 9 fucking k sometimes from normal enemies, it leave no room for error, and keeps you on your toes all the time, which is why I love playing it (even though I've singlehandedly caused many wipes, I've also saved parties from wipes on countless occasions when a healer or tank messes up, mages are able to do that).

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 pm 

About the cs part, we've just set up a queue, practiced it several times on trash, then just went in the same order on Aran. You know, P1, P2, P3, P1... /say "Used CS" macro helps too (although it's bloody annoying in 5men and solo, so be carefull :P).

Also, my 0,02$ about mages (I'll skip all that unnecessary flame thing, stop fighting, kids, or you won't get cookies after dinner) - my mage's 70 for some time, and I think if you're not using party frames with a /focus frame + /focus sheeping macro, you're just asking to get your ass raped by a broken sheep. There. :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:49 pm 

Yeah, I may add a /say "I just used my CS" to my stopcasting CS macro almost all of my spells are on stopcasting macros as it is.. is there any way to make more macros? cause I've run out of room. >.> I don't use focus macros yet, but I'm really starting to think about it, I usually just turn the screen toward my sheep and watch him, while DPSing the boss.

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:46 pm 

Hum... Once Hari's out of SSC, I'll make some screenies on my mage (his net can't afford two WoWs atthe same time and it crushes, bleh), will post them in 'your UI' topic. I'm not raiding on her yet, too focused on my shammy, but skill- and ui-wise I'm pretty ready for harder content, I think. My gear is a whole different matter, though. X_X

My sheeping macro is not that complicated... if i don't have a focus, it takes my current target, focuses on it, then sheeps the focus. If i have a focus, it resheeps the focus. I also added a /castrandom for polymorph:pig and the regular one, just for fun. I use Pearl unit frames, it includes a focus frame, and Quartz timers and cast bars show me how long till the polymorph breaks. I also get a sound warning from Cryolysis2.

Eh, it's pretty offtopic here... How about moving it to a mage topic?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:11 am 

I say we make a macros topic, and we can share any that we have. So what exactly is the code for your focus? I'd like one like that actually (can take out the pig part no problem). I assume it has an if focus is alive/exists modifier in there, just too lazy to go look all those pieces up if you have it already together. =P May use one for CS, for if I hold shift it'll CS the focus, otherwise it'll CS my current target (cause I change CS targets too much to use just the same as the poly macro).

Also, could you post the focus sheep timer that you use.. I see the timer, but only when I'm targeting them. It will warn me if it breaks, right?

Characters:
RO - 1WingedAngel
WoW - Kartekk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:31 am 

Firstly, big thanks to Irian for bringing this topic back on its' tracks. 8)

To the mage stuff conserned as offtopic:
Just as a general "rule" for tactic topics: I'd say (or suggest that) it's not offtopic to post comments, tips, macros or addons if they somehow help in some boss encounter (or cleaning up the trash), even if they were only for some specific class.
If its more about general stuff and less related to the (raid)instance in question, then it should be done in class specific topics.

To everyone else:
My point in making this one was: first to collect all the tactics for every boss (=make a post for each one right after next one so they are easily found and read when there is no comments in middle of them),
then open it up for comments/tips and with constructive comments/tips add/remove/modify parts of the original tactics posts.

On the raid we needed some tactics on bosses, so in a hurry I only copy+pasted and posted Attumen tactics -- we ended up saying the tactics in TS for every boss after all.

I just didn't have time in the middle of raid to copy+paste, start formatting and checking up the facts on every available tactics and then post them here.
I couldn't lock the topic either or didn't even ask someone to do that.

Next time I'll just make the whole topic ready for posting so we can avoid this.

Make love, not war. (All tho talking about asses can sometimes raise a lot of interest).
Thanks.